African American News |
"WSB-TV's Jovita Moore, Judge Penny Brown Reynolds, and PR Maven Diane Larché Among Rolling Out’s 25 Most Influential Women in Atlanta"
[Previous entry: "What is Pornographic? What is Hip? What exactly does “affordable” mean? - Commentary by Joseph C. Phillips"] [Next entry: "HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius issued the following statement today on new breast cancer screening recommendations from the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force:"]
ATLANTA, GA - Rolling out Urban Style Weekly and American Family Insurance recently announced the honorees for the 2009 Female Success Factor's 25 Most Influential Women in Atlanta Awards. Established to honor women who have broken barriers in their respective fields, the awards will be presented during a reception on Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. at The W Hotel - Midtown Atlanta, located at 188 14th Street NE.
"The Female Success Factor's 25 Most Influential Women in Atlanta illustrates the best examples of visionaries and business titans who have found their passion and become dedicated examples of success in action," said Munson Steed, publisher of rolling out.
Hard work, discipline and diligence are just a few of the criteria for making this year's top 25 list. This year's impressive group consists of civic and cultural icons, entrepreneurs and corporate executives including (complete list is below).
In addition to the 25 Most Influential Women in Atlanta are , on Saturday, October 24, 2009 from noon to 4 p.m., rolling out's empowering Female Success Factor seminar will be held at the Atlanta History Center, located at 130 W. Paces Ferry Rd. NW. This year's theme is Divaism, applauding dynamic women in business, community and family.
The 2009 25 Most Influential Women in Atlanta are:
1. Andrea Gardenhire, Alliance Theater
2. Andrea Riggs, Get Body Beautiful
3. April Crawley, Ms.Black Georgia
4. Cherry Z. Knox, MillerCoors
5. Dazon Dixon Diallo, SisterLove Inc.
6. Diane Larché, Larché Communications
7. Demetria McKinney, "Tyler Perry's House of Payne"
8. Ericka Blevins, Oh My Nappy Hair
9. I'na Saulsbery, The Starfire Group
10. Janice Mathis, Rainbow PUSH
11. Jovita Moore, WSB-TV
12. Kathleen Bertrand, Atlanta Convention and Visitor's Bureau
13. Katrina Mallory, American Intercontinental University
14. Kim Yokely, Kimochi Body N Sole
15. Mishon Bouyer, American Family Insurance
16. Nancy J. Lewis, Progressive Techniques, Inc.
17. Judge Penny Brown Reynolds
18. Sahar Simmons, Briana's Neighborhood Dare to Dream Foundation
19. Sherry Bryant, Sherry Bryant & Associates
20. Sheronna Ashford. Arby's Restaurant Group
21. Terri Ellis-Ewing, Ellis Voiceovers
22. Virginia Dixon, Teacher Retirement System of Georgia board member
23. Yolanda Reynolds, Who's Who in Black Atlanta
24. Dr. Beverly Tatum, president Spelman College
25. Rev.Dr. Cynthia Hale, pastor, Ray of Hope Christian Church
For more information on media access, please contact Yvette Caslin at (404) 635-1313 ext. 238 or e-mail: email@example.com.